Storage of data and optimal functioning of IT systems pose significant challenges in today’s market. Companies have various options to meet these challenges, one of which is the colocation of IT infrastructure in data centers. This service is secure, scalable, ensures high availability, and is cost-effective.
Colocation vs. Cloud Services?
The decision of companies to move away from owning server rooms is understandable, given the constant influx of resources and challenges in the market. Maintaining server rooms under such conditions involves enormous, often disproportionate costs that will only continue to grow.
So, how can data be effectively, securely, and economically stored, and corporate systems managed? Of course, by using colocation or cloud services. However, in the era of the latter, we sometimes forget about the former, which is unjustified. While we remember all the positive features of cloud services, it’s essential to consider colocation.
What is Colocation and What Sets It Apart?
Colocation involves placing corporate servers in an external data center. It allows the utilization of advanced infrastructure without the need for investment in proprietary server rooms, providing flexibility, security, and scalability simultaneously.
Colocation has its unique features and benefits, particularly when done in high-level data centers like Talex Data Centers in Poznań and Wrocław, as confirmed by the international ISO/IEC 22237 and European EN 50600 certifications—both obtained for meeting stringent standards for data centers.
So, what are the main features and benefits of colocation in Talex Data Center?
- Highest Level of Physical Security. Colocation ensures the highest level of physical security through advanced monitoring, access control systems, cameras, and other protective measures. The monitoring covers the entire infrastructure, offering real-time protection against potential threats.
- Corporate Data Always at Hand – Very High Availability. With redundancy in power supply, network connectivity, and other critical systems, colocation guarantees very high data availability. This means that corporate data is always accessible, even in the event of a failure in one of the systems, eliminating the risk of downtime.
- Access to Independent Fiber Optic Links. Colocation provides access to at least several independent and fast fiber optic links. This is crucial for ensuring fast and reliable Internet access and other networks, eliminating the risk of communication interruptions.
- Expert IT Infrastructure Management. No need to hire dedicated staff. With colocation services, companies do not have to maintain their specialized team for data center management. Utilizing the expertise and knowledge of experts in optimization, security, and efficiency brings significant operational benefits.
- Flexibility in Adapting IT Resources. Colocation clients can flexibly adjust their IT resources by adding or removing equipment based on current needs. This enables dynamic scaling of infrastructure according to business requirements.
- Elimination of Infrastructure Investment Costs. Colocation eliminates the need to purchase real estate, build, and maintain server rooms, significantly reducing initial investment costs. Companies can focus on their core business, avoiding costly infrastructure projects.
- No Certification and Control Obligations. Clients of colocation services are not obliged to go through the certification process and annual checks. The responsibility for meeting the standards lies with the service providers, which is particularly beneficial for companies operating in highly regulated industries.
- Financial Savings and No Need for Infrastructure Upgrades. Colocation brings financial savings by eliminating the need to purchase licenses and plan IT infrastructure upgrades. Clients do not have to worry about replacing batteries, fans, or sensors, translating into additional economic benefits.
Direction – Core Business Activities
Colocation enables companies to focus on their core business activities. Just that much and… perhaps even more. As mentioned earlier, data doesn’t decrease; on the contrary, it constantly grows. This is one of the reasons why companies seek effective solutions for data storage and IT system management, opting for cloud solutions, colocation, or maintaining their own server rooms. However, the latter option is mostly impractical, generating high costs. Instead of concentrating on their core activities, companies have to deal with the maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure.
The flexibility, security, and financial savings offered by colocation are crucial elements supporting the development and efficiency of businesses in a dynamic business environment. Therefore, choosing colocation becomes a logical step for companies aiming to optimize their resources and gain a competitive edge in the market.
If your company is one of those, we invite you to contact us! We offer both colocation and cloud services, allowing us to adapt to the needs of each company individually. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will create an offer that meets the needs of your company.